Nowadays there are a lot of companies who hold meetings, but do they take into account people who has any disability? For example, hearing, visual or movility disabilities.
WhoTalks is a open-source project of Fundación ONCE which is addressed to people who has hearing disabilities in the meetings.
Main goals for this project:
- Obtain audio and convert the audio to text.
- Display messages to the assistants in real time.
This web application implements MVC architecture from scratch without using any PHP framework. We used this project to obtain speech-to-text and ajax to create an asynchronous chat.
This is a web application, so you need to install Xampp to test it. In order to use asynchronous chat, you have to allow microphones permision.
- Clone this project and store it in htdocs folder of Xampp.
- Import database scripts in phpMyAdmin.
- Download composer.phar and install dependences with
php composer.phar install.
- Run the app and enjoy!
This project was developed by
at the Open Summer of Code 2019 held in Madrid, Spain.